This statement of principles represents the guiding values of the Board of Education in fulfilling its mission. The Board, whenever possible, will use these principles when approaching its activities, deliberations, and decision-making.
- The Board places its highest priority on providing a quality education for all students that focuses on academic excellence and achievement.
- The Board will seek parental and community input, whenever possible, to ensure that the actions of the Board are in keeping with the values of its stakeholders.
- The Board will strive to offer opportunities to students that will provide them with the tools needed to become well-rounded, effective, life-long learners, and productive members of society.
- The Board recognizes that the responsibility granted to it by the community they serve and will endeavor to efficiently manage its resources in a manner consistent with these guiding principles.
- The Board will take into consideration, in its actions, not only the impact to the current generation of students but also the impact to future generations.