At each regular and special open meeting, the members of the public and district employees may comment on or ask questions of the Board, subject to reasonable constraints.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify himself or herself and be brief. Ordinarily, such comments shall be limited to five minutes. In unusual circumstances, and when the person has given advance notice of the need to speak for a longer period of time, the person may be allowed to speak for more than five minutes.
- The Board President may deny a person the opportunity to speak for more than five minutes. The President may also deny such opportunity to a person who has previously addressed the Board on the same subject.
- The Board President shall have the authority to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise defined in Board of Education policy.
- Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board of Education at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.